Flowers and shrubs not only make your garden look beautiful and colourful, they have also been found to have various positive psychological effects and health benefits. In particular, flowers have been discovered to reduce stress and elevate levels of productivity. Not only are plants beautiful and soothing to look at, they also come with many benefits that people are unaware of. Creating a bespoke space to your personal requirements can increase levels of satisfaction and overall happiness.
We offer beautiful garden designs implementing all kinds of plants to suit you. From flowerbeds to floral archways, there are a range of garden design features you can chose from. Adding plants to your garden if it’s looking dull and plain is the best way to lighten it up and make it look aesthetically pleasing without the need for any major design changes.
Some of the key benefits of having plants include:
- Lower blood pressure – Plants have been found to lower levels of blood pressure due to their relaxing aesthetics and colours. As plants improve people’s happiness and reduce levels of stress, in turn they can also lower your blood pressure.
- Raise productivity – Research suggests that having plants around you promotes productivity at home or within the workplace as they are stress relieving and encourage you to enjoy your tasks. If you are surrounded by flowers, it is more likely for you to engage in work in a positive manner.
- Improve well-being – Having flowers in your garden and around the home greatly improves people’s moods and makes them feel happy. By reducing stress levels and stress-related depression, flowers can increase levels of positive energy in the simplest of ways.
- Improve perceptions of space – Flowers in your garden can improve the perceptions of space as they create an image of beauty and display a sanctuary rather than a plain garden with minimal colour.
- Lower levels of anxiety – Plants have also been found to lower levels of anxiety due to their stress relieving properties and ways of improving people’s mood. People tend to associate beautiful flowers and shrubs with a higher quality of life.
- Raise job satisfaction – It has been found that plants in the workplace can increase job satisfaction by relieving stress and improving productivity. Particularly popular plants for the office, whether it’s a city office or a garden office, include cacti and other plants which require minimal maintenance.
- Improve concentration and memory – Plants can in fact improve concentration and memory with simple, everyday tasks. Nature influences the accuracy and quality of performance at home and in the workplace. It has been found to improve attention span by around 20%.
- Healing processes – You can also use the plants that you grow in your garden or home for healing processes as they have various medicinal properties. Not only are they aesthetically pleasing to look at as a soothing effect of ornamental horticultural, they can also be used in medicine due to their valuable properties.
Top flowers to provide health and wellbeing benefits include:
- Golden Pothos (Epipremnum aureum)
- Arrowhead Vine (Syngonium podophyllum)
- Chinese evergreen (Aglaonema sp.)
- Dracaena (various)
- Snake plants (Sansevieria trifasciata)
- Peace Lilly (Spathiphyllum starlight)
- Vinca Vines
If you’re considering implementing plants into your garden space, we can take a look at the growing conditions of your garden to see which flowers and greenery can be grown with options to suit your level of gardening expertise.
If you’d like our help in deciding on what flowers would be best for your garden, simply give us a call on ‘0844 884 2425’ or send us an email: email@example.com.