Floral & Hardy are experts in making the most of small spaces, and we can turn tiny roof spaces into pretty, practical gardens that you’ll love. You may be looking to turn the space into a contemporary garden roof, with patio space, neatly trimmed shrubs, and sleek design features, or you might want to add something a little different like an edible garden or water features.
Creating a roof garden has a unique set of challenges. Many roof spaces are complete blank canvases, and so they need to be designed from the ground up. If you want to install turf or flowerbeds, then they need proper drainage, and obviously we will need to ensure that the roof can support these features.
Safety is also important when it comes to designing a roof garden. Floral & Hardy will need to visit the site and identify any potential safety issues, and can integrate railings and other features into your garden design. We can also install living walls in place of fencing, which allow for vertical planting, and instantly add greenery and colour to a roof garden.
Whether you have sole access to a roof space, or are looking to build a communal space, we can give you lots of roof garden ideas that will suit the space. You could add:
- Outdoor living/dining space – complete with patio heaters and lighting for year round use
- Relaxation areas with loungers or outdoor sofas
- Raised flowerbeds for growing food, herbs, or flowers
- Large shrubs and bushes for privacy
- Water features – from ponds to swimming pools
- Sheltered areas for rainy days
- Play areas
- An outdoor bar area, BBQ, or pizza oven
If you are thinking of having a roof garden installed or renovated, then pick up the phone and call Floral & Hardy today.